Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1 - Food Pics

Pre-workout was about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.

Breakfast (in the car) was a green smoothie made with 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 3 large strawberries, 1 scoop sun warrior protein powder, and 2 handfuls of spinach.

Mid morning snack was 1/2 oz. Raw cashew pieces (I'll probably finish these off this afternoon with an apple).

Lunch was a spinach salad with red pepper, carrot and radishes drizzled with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.  1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, 2 hardboiled eggs, 1/2 oz raw sunflower seeds and 1/2 oz roasted sunflower seeds.

This is it so far along with about 1 liter of water.  I'll edit later to add dinner and afternoon snack!

Afternoon snack was an apple and the rest of my cashews.  I forgot to take a pic of the apple. FAIL. 

Dinner was 1/2 cup quinoa, 3/4 cup of tofu, and a giant pile of sauteed veggies.  This is a common dinner in my household because it's easy and fast. 

I used my new food processor that I got this week and not only didn't chop the veggies it damn near turned them into pulp.  Oops.  I guess this will require a learning curve!

I had a massive headache this afternoon and I assume it was a result of my sugar detox.  Ugh.  Fucking sugar.  It's evil. 

I couldn't shake my sugar craving and I was thisclose to eating a brownie but I saw I had a kiwi in the fruit bowl so I cut that up and threw in some blackberries.  Crisis averted.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, are those cashews? I love them and cannot restrain myself around them. Is that peanut butter? I could totally eat a spoon right now. I didn't know this challenge would make me lust after everyone else's food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are cashews! I buy them from trader joes and they're raw. They have a slightly sweet taste to them when they are raw. My food is totally boring, everybody else's sounds so good! Lol

      Delete