Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ew! And Allan's Challenge


ETA:  In response to the above article...well, I don't have much of one.  The way our country produces food is so flawed that I can't even begin to write on that topic because it will turn into a political rant.  I'd be curious to know what the food borne illness stats are for the EU because I know their food safety regulations are a lot tighter than the US regarding GMOs and additives.  In Europe, food that contains GMO has to be labeled appropriately and some of the additives used in food in the U.S. that are considered GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) by the FDA are banned in Europe.  What a shame.  No wonder people are always so sick; they are eating chemicals that our body does not know how to process.  I have a book that lists all of the approved food additives and there are over 14,000 used in the U.S.

Anyway, change of topic!  I joined Allan's challenge at the last minute tonight.  So, as most of you know, I will be posting pics of everything that goes into my mouth (THATSWHATSHESAID) before I eat it.  This also coincides with my version of Whole30.  I am cutting out added sugar (fruit is OK), limiting my fruit servings to 2 per day and reducing carbs.  I don't have a specific carb amount and I'm not sure I'll set one.  

My "last meal" tonight was a Chipotle bowl and a Sparkling Clementine Izze Soda (fuck yeah).  I usually scarf these down like it really is my last meal but I only finished about 2/3 to 3/4 of it.  Now I feel like I'm going to explode.  I used to love this feeling and now I just feel like I'm going to be sick.  Ugh.  Lesson learned.  

We took a long ass walk today on some mountain bike trails at a local park.  My pedometer read approximately 2800 steps before we started and when we got home, it read about 14,800.  It felt good but I felt disgusting and sticky afterwards.  We checked each other for ticks when we got home because I do not want a repeat of last week.  I still have that little bastard in my freezer.  I kept it in case I got sick but I think I'm in the clear now.

Tomorrow will be my last weigh-in for a month and I'd also like to take some body measurements.  Probably belly button, biceps (relaxed and flexed), thighs, bust and shoulders (can these be measured?).  

No comments:

Post a Comment