Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5 - Food Pics (continued)

Lunch was a cheese sandwich on one piece of whole wheat bread with about 2 teaspoons each of Dijon and vegenaise with sharp cheddar, tomato and spinach.  One kiwi on the side.

Dinner was takeout from one of our favorite Japanese places.  We split the tempura appetizer, chicken teriyaki, Philadelphia roll, miso soup and seaweed salad.  I ate two pieces of tempura and tried to shake off as much teriyaki sauce as I could.  Also another summer shandy.  We actually do own a table but most of the time we end up eating in front of the TV.  It's a bad habit we are just too lazy to break right now.

Since it rained all fucking day today, the Mister and I spent the afternoon naked "relaxing."  We were due for a day like today and it was much needed.  It felt like when we were first dating!  I got a nice massage out of it too.  

I managed to get a majority of food for lunches prepared for the week.  I only had enough spinach to make salads for three days so I made those with some cut veggies.  I measured out cottage cheese and nuts and hard-boiled some eggs.  I may make egg salad at some point this week but I didn't feel like it tonight.  I also didn't make my breakfast smoothie like I usually do because since I ran out of spinach, I thought I would throw in an avocado and I was afraid to make it the night ahead in fear the avocado would make it taste weird if it sat overnight.  I'll try it out on a weekend when I'm not depending on the smoothie being good the next morning.  If I didn't have my breakfast smoothie I'd be stuck with buying a plastic tub of cereal, donuts, or some sort of high calorie breakfast sandwich from the cafeteria.  Gross.  

Last week at the grocery, I accidentally grabbed a butternut squash instead of spaghetti squash.  I was in a hurry and apparently since the two look so similar (sarcasm), I grabbed the wrong one.  Anyway, it turned out to be awesome because I cut, peeled and roasted that bitch up today and it was fucking amazing.  Just a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and about 30 minutes in the oven and I was having a mouthgasm and trying not to burn my tongue.  I will definitely be buying these more often.  While I was prepping it for the oven, I verbally expressed my curiosity as to why some vegetables resemble phallic objects.  Then I made a suggestive motion with it.  I know.  I'm like a teenaged girl sometimes with the sex humor.  But seriously, it looked exactly like a penis and balls.  I almost took a picture to post it on here but I restrained myself decided not to. 

So, until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Now I HAVE to try butternut squash! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your "relaxation" time... Hubby pulled me back in bed for a quickie yesterday AM, after that it was off to the races, no rest for the weary, so much for Sun being "a day of rest"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to spend our Sunday afternoon for sure!

      Delete