Monday, May 13, 2013

Update

Still alive here...

I slept most of the day except for about 20 minutes when I tried to take a walk.  I felt like I was going to pass out so that was a bust. 

Kidney stone passed Saturday, just in time for the flu to hit me.  The flu shot I got was worthless so I'm glad I got that. 

The only positive thing about being sick is not thinking about food.  I have no appetite to speak of and my diet has consisted of ginger ale, OJ, bananas, water and plain toast.  My husband has to remind me to eat.  I rarely forget to eat.  I wish this happened all the time. 

I still haven't stepped on the scale even though I'm sure I have "lost" a few pounds.  They will come right back when I start eating normal food again. 

I'm hoping I start to feel better tomorrow.  Anything better than "death warmed over" would be much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I am keeping company with you on this, minus the kidney stone. Mine is simply a vicious cold with stabbing sore throat, though. A few months ago, after having gotten the flu shots back in September (all of us) my hub went to urgent care due to symptoms I thought were out of control (heart rate, respiration). Thankfully, the doctor there was not panicked like I was, and sent him home with a collection of Rx's. And their test said it was "not flu." I don't dispute that, but we all had it, and let me tell you, it walked like flu, it talked like flu, and if it wasn't flu, it could have fooled me (my only point here is that the flu shot does not catch all strains, which I'm sure you know, and there are buggers out there declared "not flu" which sure as the dickens are pretty miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the worst has passed (w/your kidney stone) & hope you are on the road to recovery.
    I'm a firm believer in the medicinal powers of 7-Up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better! Sleep is the best medicine! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete