Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2 - Food Pics

Today I decided I would picture everything at once so included in that picture is breakfast, lunch and morning and afternoon snacks.  It is pretty much the same as yesterday but I'll spell it out.

Breakfast green smoothie: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 3 large strawberries, 1 scoop warrior blend protein, 1 handful spinach.

Morning snack: 1 oz raw cashew pieces

Lunch: spinach salad with bell pepper, carrots and radishes with balsamic vinegar and about 2 teaspoons EVOO, 2 hardboiled eggs, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 mandarin orange.

Afternoon snack: 1 gala apple and 1 oz sunflower seeds

I only lift weights on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and I usually try and walk or swim on the other days.  This morning my "workout" consisted of lugging around liquid nitrogen tanks.  They are 800-900lbs pounds when they're full and about 600-700lbs when they're empty.  They do have wheels which is the only reason i am able to move them.  So, they can be a giant pain in the ass, literally, but it felt nice to man-handle them and realize my weight lifting is paying off!

My allergies are in full swing and the headache I went to bed with last night was still present this morning.  As soon as I sat up out of bed, my head started to pound.  Ugh.  I took one Aleve so hopefully that does the trick.  I may have to resort to taking an actual allergy pill. 

Allan mentioned on his post today that this challenge is a way to be accountable and a way for us to realize why we are fat.  Had we started this challenge a week ago, you would be seeing brownies, ice cream, Thai food, etc.  However, the start of this challenge coincided with my own challenge to kick sugar and lower my carb intake.  So, hopefully, most of the foods I will be showing will be the healthy choices. 

I will be adding dinner later which may be leftover stir fry from last night.

3 comments:

  1. Love the mason jar. :)
    And also love applying my strength training to real life situations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a self-appointed Mason Jar queen! Love them. They're so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from Allan's to say hi!! I love mason jars for salads! Cute!

    ReplyDelete