Monday, May 20, 2013

LOLZ

jmH46.jpg


I don't know why this picture makes me giggle but it does.  I needed giggles today because MONDAY.  Work wasn't so bad, thankfully.  I thought I got a liquid nitrogen burn but when I took off my glove, it was just cherry red..for like an hour.  As it turns out, the gloves that are supposed to protect my hands don't protect them if they are submerged in LN2.  Oops.

Food was good.  Breakfast was a green smoothie, lunch was Moroccan bean stew with quinoa, cottage cheese and a kiwi, snack was cashews, sunflower seeds and some dried apricots and we had some kick-ass sushi for dinner.

The metformin is definitely working and I didn't realize it until today.  Usually when I'm at work, I get ravenous by about 2:30 or 3:00 and my afternoon snack would just barely take the edge off.  Well, today, I got some hunger pangs about that time but I didn't feel like I could eat a Chipotle burrito the size of my head.  It is really helping to stabilize my blood sugar levels and as a result, I do not feel hungry all the time like I used to.  I have even noticed that I get fuller faster.  Tonight I had two sushi rolls, one of which had no rice, and I felt like I was going to burst.  I used to eat at least 3, sometimes 4 if I was really hungry.  This is gonna get good...stay tuned.

Finally feeling back to normal at the gym this morning, although I did not lift as heavy as I have been.  I was at about 75%.  By the end of the week, I'll be back up to my normal weights.  There was a grown-ass man wearing a Spiderman t-shirt at the gym.  The kind of shirt that looked like Spiderman's outfit.  It was amusing until I realized he was like 40.  Then it was just odd but I don't exactly make fashion statements when I'm at the gym either.  I'm usually in baggy shorts and an XL t-shirt.  Nobody needs to see my goods jiggling.  I daydream about the day when I can wear the cute tank tops to the gym and not feel like a whale.  I'll get there.  

Tomorrow is Tuesday and I'm starting to count down the days to when we get our new puppy (June 6th).  I'm so fucking excited because they are so fucking cute.  I want all of them but I'm sure I'll have my hands full with one puppy.   

Good night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment