Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5 - Food Pics

Breakfast today was an experiment.  Not the coffee but the "low carb pancakes" I attempted.  

My coffee was 3/4 cup strong-brewed decaf with 1/2 cup milk and 2 tablespoons Silk French Vanilla creamer wit 1/2 packet Stevia in the Raw.  I drank it out of my favorite cup and yes, it says "E = mc2" and yes there is a picture of Einstein on the opposite side.  Yes, I'm that nerdy awesome.

So the "pancakes" were not as bad as I had originally thought they would be.  I found a recipe online and all it called for was 2 oz. cream cheese, 2 eggs and a splash of vanilla extract.  They were more like crepes and the texture was kind of weird.  I topped them with a dusting of powdered sugar and some strawberry "syrup" I whipped up.  That was the easy part, a handful of frozen strawberries, mashed up and boiled down a bit.  They tasted a lot better with the strawberry topping.  I doubt I'll make these again but at least I don't have that ihatemylifecarbcoma like you get with regular pancakes.  

I've been trying to keep up with everybody's food pics and it's looking good.  I'm proud of everybody for being honest even if the food choice was not so healthy.  Shit happens.  

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that carbcoma is a killer! But I have to admit, every couple of mos we will change up our normal weekend BF routine for IHOP & I'll indulge in a couple of the New York cheesecake pancakes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I had no idea that New York Cheesecake pancakes existed until now!

      Delete