Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 6 - Food Pics

Lunch was just about the same as last week. Two hard-boiled eggs, spinach salad with green pepper and radish topped with EVOO and balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and about 1 cup roasted butternut squash (glorious). 

One of my coworkers just returned from Peru and she brought me some chocolates with coconut in the middle. Kind of like a Mounds bar.  I had one after lunch and it was just enough.  It was about the size of a quarter in diameter.  I was hoping to take a quick walk outside but of course it is raining so I'm stuck walking the basement tunnels of an adjacent hospital.  Boring.

I didn't have my usual morning snack of cashews.  I think the avocado in the smoothie helped tide me over.  I may have to get used to this taste or maybe try throwing in pineapple or some other acidic fruit to balance the creaminess.  It was definitely a big difference.  Usually I am shaky by about 10:30 but I sailed right through until noon today and I busted ass at the gym this morning.

I just realized my second egg is just barely visible to the left of my salad container.  I cut one up and put it on the salad but didn't have enough room for the second one.

Lots of veggies today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment