Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Funday

I had a nice long, much needed, holiday weekend.  Spent some time with the fam on Sunday and didn't eat a bunch of shit like I always used to do.  I denied a giant piece of Dairy Queen ice cream cake and nobody seemed to care.  I did eat a mett which is the first meat I have eaten in a few weeks.  I thought it would upset my stomach but I felt fine. 

I went to the gym yesterday around 11:00 am and it was so crowded.  I was annoyed but I tore shit up with a nice leg workout.  Leg workouts always make me feel strong because I have some beast legs.  The muscles have some insulation (read: fat) but when I flex they're pretty solid. 

This morning I was back to my usual morning routine.  I did chest, triceps and abs.  I have switched my routine to a 4-day split as opposed to 3 days.  I felt I needed more gym time.  I also did a little running on the treadmill afterwards.  I am running a 5K at the end of June with a friend and need to start gearing up for that.  It is one of those color runs where you get doused with powdered color stuff.  It is a fun one, no competition involved so we may walk part if it.  Plus there is a big festival afterwards so it should be a fun day. 

Now that I have been on metformin for a week I am definitely noticing some changes.  Normally about a week before my period is supposed to start I'd get ridiculous cravings for high fat, high sugar, high calorie foods.  I realized today is almost the end of the month which is when I usually start and I haven't had any significant cravings.  Yesterday there was about 20 minutes where I wanted a pop tart.  Not sure why but a pop tart sounded amazing.  I ate an apple with PB and flax and j was satisfied.  This has been the only craving I have noticed.  Before metformin, my insulin was always elevated so I'm sure that told my brain that I needed sugar when I really didn't.  It really is like night and day now.  I can walk by a plate of cookies or a bowl of candy and not think twice about not eating it.  Whereas I used to be like GIVEMESUGARNOWORYOUWILLDIE.  It's a good feeling.

This Friday since it is the end of May I will step on the scale and take measurements to see if I have made progress.  I know I have definitely lost inches because my clothes are fitting better.  I don't feel like a sausage anymore which is good.  I still have a long way to go though. 

1 comment:

  1. Two things are certain:

    1.) It is good to have strong legs

    AND

    2.) It is good to not feel like a sausage.

    You've accomplished both. Cool! Pat yourself on the back, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete