Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lucky Duct

You know you're having a bad day when the highlight is an intact duct in the organ you are trying to perfuse.  This rarely happens in the particular procedure we did today but when it does it makes it a hell of a lot easier and allows us to avoid using an angiocath.

Anything that could have went wrong today went wrong.  I will be so happy to go to bed and put it all behind me.  Tomorrow is another early start.  I have to be at work, awake and alert at 6:30 am.  In order to make this, I will arrive at the gym at 5:00am when they open, bust through my workout so I can leave by 6.  Today turned out to be my rest day, by accident.  I slept through my alarm.  This hasn't happened since I was in college.  I had planned on swimming this morning but I guess my body needed the rest more.  Lift will happen tomorrow morning, swim on Saturday and a run/walk session with the Mister on Sunday.  

I will be stuck in the lab most of the day tomorrow, again.  I usually don't mind doing lab work all day but when I've got a billion other responsibilities, it kinda blows.  But, I was promoted to lead tech for a reason so I have to suck it up.  I'm thankful I am paid by the hour though because the overtime is awesome.  

Time for bed.  The 4:15 alarm will ring early.  I will be setting two alarms to make sure my ass gets out of bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment