Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beast Mode

I used to loathe mornings.  I mean seriously, there are days where when my alarm went off, I would have rather slit my wrists in a warm bath then get out of my nice cozy bed.  Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic but anybody who is not a morning person can totally relate.  About 3 weeks ago, I decided I needed to get my workout in before work.  My job is crazy and sometimes I have to work late and don't find out until I'm about to walk out the door.  So, I was slacking on my workouts because I didn't want to go to the gym so late at night.  I figured my best option for making sure I get it done was to go in the mornings.  The first week was definitely rough.  I had zero energy and I think a teenage girl could have pulled more than I did.  I kept pushing through it and told myself that it would get better and it did.  Imagine that?!

Now, if I don't work out in the morning, I feel lazy and draggy all day long.  I sleep better at night and I actually feel refreshed in the morning as opposed to borderline zombie like I used to feel. 

So, starting at 0615 this morning I did the following:

10 minutes of walking on the treadmill warm up

Deadlift: 8x95lbs, 8x115lbs, 8x135lbs
Military Press: 8x40lbs, 8x45lbs, 8x45lbs
Modified Pull-ups (I use the Smith machine and a bench, form a "V" with my body so it imitates the actual pull-up): 3 sets of 8 reps
Dumbell Rows: 8x30lbs, 8x30lbs, 8x35lbs
Bench Press: 8x65lbs, 8x75lbs, 8x80lbs
Calf Raises: 2 sets of 15 using a step (I'm too short to use the stand-up machine, of course, they're made for men)
Swiss Ball Crunches: 3 sets of 15
Leg Lifts: 3 sets of 10

Whew! 

Today was a light day at work, thankfully.  I spent most of the day researching FDA regulations and taking a couple walking breaks.  I know.  You're jealous.  It's OK to admit it.  I also read some blog posts by Norma and Allan.  They're both awesome. 

Dinner is boring tonight.  I made chicken and couscous for the Mister and I'll be having a giant plate of spinach with some sort of borderline spoiled veggies and the homemade egg salad I didn't eat for lunch. 

Stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment