Monday, April 29, 2013

Hey, What Happened?

Stupid Blogger app for android just deleted the post I wrote last night.  Ugh.  Pain in the ass.  I had pictures of the delicious vegan brownies and vegetarian enchiladas I made this weekend. All from scratch, too.  You'll have to use your imagination to visualize how tasty they looked. 

Anyway, today I started a new workout routine.  I'm doing a 3-day split.  Legs, push, pull.  Simple, quick and efficient.  I destroyed my quads and glutes doing lunges.  My legs and ass feel like jelly but that's a good thing.  I need the reminder that I'm still not even close to my goals.  So, here is what went down at the gym this morning...

Squat 95x8, 115x7, 135x6
Lunges 3x10 - I barely squeezed out the last set.  My legs were toast.
Stiff leg dead lift 45x8, 65x8, 75x8 - these all felt easy but I didn't want to go heavy on the first day of doing a new exercise. I know what I can handle now so this will take a big jump next week.
Calf raises 2x15

As you can see, a very easy routine.  I got to the gym pretty late this morning and didn't have time to do much else but in the future I will be adding in at least 15 minutes of cardio or HIIT after the weights.  So I'll need to get my ass out of bed at a decent time in the morning. 

Breakfast was a green smoothie with:
1/2 c water (goodbye soy milk, sniff sniff)
1/2 c homemade Greek yogurt
3 large frozen strawberries
1 scoop raw vegan protein powder
Couple hand fulls of baby spinach

Lunch will be leftover enchiladas and dinner will either be a salad or eggs with some of the pinto beans I made over the weekend. 

I did some research on the Whole30 plan and they actually have a modified plan for vegetarians.  It allows dairy and some protein alternatives.  I'm not sure how specific I want to be with the program.  Right now, my goals are to eliminate sources of added sugar and reduce carbs.  This includes soy milk and my occasional Starbucks drink and honey.  I will also limit fruit to two servings per day.  I have to figure out what a serving of fruit is because right now, I have no limit.  I think this will force me to eat more veggies and that is a good thing!  My sweet tooth has always gotten me in trouble and I need to rein myself in.  I am also going to lower my carb intake.  I think this will help with the sugar cravings.  I tend to default to pasta a lot because it is fucking delicious and so versatile.  I never eat more than one serving (at least not now) which is about a cup so that's good, but it needs to go for a while. 

Today I will be scavenging the web for low carb vegetarian or vegan recipes.  I found the most amazing Brussels sprouts recipe that I will have to try at some point; garlic and herb stuffed Brussels sprouts! 

I went and looked at bikes this weekend and I'm going to have to convince myself that spending $650 on a nice bike that will last the rest of my life is worth it. 

Until next time...

Happy Fucking Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Craigslist for used bike, then take it to a good bike mechanic for a tuneup.. Save half easily.. Got a Cannondale like that for cheap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually associate Craigslist with skeezy hookups so I didn't even think to look there. Thanks for the tip, Allan!

    ReplyDelete