Friday, April 12, 2013

Facebook Friend Trainwreck

It's only 8:30 and I'm tired.  Fuck, I'm old.  The sun is still up and I'm ready to go to bed.  Ugh.  

So, while I was watching the NBC news with Brian Williams tonight because he is kinda sexy so I can stay informed of current events, I was browsing my Facebook.  I have a "friend" on there whom I know from high school.  She was overweight in high school and is now even more overweight.  Well, technically obese I guess.  I'd say she is easily 250 and not much taller than me, maybe 5'5".  Her wife is also the same build.  I'm not exactly sure what she actually does on a daily basis.  She takes care of her niece and nephew all the time and I know she works occasionally, probably part-time.  About a month ago, she started posting about how she wanted to get in shape, be healthy, etc.  Well, I gave her some advice about cutting out pop because it was very hard for me and I could relate to her struggles.  A week or so goes by and she posts about how now she allows herself one diet pop a week.  Ok, fine, whatever.  I don't care that much.  Well today she posted about eating donuts for breakfast with her little niece.  So not only has she fell off the wagon already she is teaching this young innocent child awful habits.  

I'm debating on whether or not I should send her a private message and giving her some encouragement and letting her know I can help her with a meal plan, exercise, motivation, whatever.  I too have struggled and I think I could help but I don't want to waste my time and I don't want her to feel weird about it.  I didn't really know her that well but we were friendly and I was always nice to her even when people made fun of her for being overweight.  I think she deals with a lot of stress because she is a lesbian and it seems like her family may not be that supportive of her lifestyle.  I could care less.  I just know she can't be happy. 

Anyway, I'll think on it while I go to bed early tonight.  I'm sure I'll be awake by 5:00.  I'm thinking about doing some yoga in the morning while I wait for the Mister to get his ass out of bed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment