Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gummy Oatmeal = Goats?

I let myself sleep in this morning even though I was wide-eyed at about 6:00 am this morning.  I did some deep breathing and fell back asleep until about 8:30.  I slept about 10 1/2 hours and it felt fucking amazing.  

My usual weekend breakfast is either a couple scrambled eggs with fruit or veggie or an egg sandwich with a half slice of cheese on whole wheat.  Unfortunately, our 2 dozen eggs from Costco are gone so I decided to have oats for breakfast.  I started getting away from oats when I realized I needed a higher protein breakfast to avoid the 3:00 ravenous sugar cravings that hit me every single day.  So this morning I made a few changes:

1/2 c. Quaker Old fashioned Oats
1/2 c. vanilla soymilk
1/2 c. water
1 tbsp ground flax
2 tbsp hemp seed
1/3 banana (the Mister has a habit of eating portions of things and then leaving them sit out; this makes me crazy)
Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
1 hot cup of glorious peppermint tea (the greatest tea flavor ever)

As I suspected, the flax turned it into the consistency of wet cement but I ate it anyway because it tasted good.  It was a higher calorie amount (approximately 475) than I like to eat for breakfast but it should sustain me for a while as my morning will be pretty quiet.  

Tonight we'll be having dinner with my parents and even though it is Saturday and even though I will be swimming 1/2 mile this afternoon that does not give me an excuse to eat whatever the fuck I want.  (Thanks, Norma).  Been there, done that and failed.  

Be happy and be awesome today.  


1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, my dear.

    A scoop of a non-sugary protein powder like About Time (what I use) mixed into oatmeal gives it a nice protein boost, too.

    ReplyDelete