Sunday, April 14, 2013

There's Nothing Worse Than...

...Being sick on a glorious day.  I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit in the head with a 2x4, eyes watering, snotty nose, the works.  Fucking allergies.  Took a Zyrtec and I feel a little better but still have that cloudy/hazy feeling.  We are going to take a short walk and run some errands.   I need to buy some lifting straps because my grip always fails me on deadlift and I'd like to increase the weight.  The Mister has some man things to do at Home Depot and Tractor Supply.  We also need to hit up the grocery store.  Our fridge is bare and that is not good.  Tonight for dinner will be my version of Chipotle burrito bowls.  I'll post a pic later if I remember.

Last night out to dinner was a success.  I found a new restaurant that actually serves healthy food.  I had a giant salad with grilled chicken, quinoa, black & kidney beans, veggies, goat cheese, assorted nuts and a curry vinaigrette.  I went easy on the dressing and it was just perfect.  I did have one beer and two girl scout cookies (FAIL) but I did't go crazy, which was my main goal.  I have a tendency to eat shit when I'm at my parent's house because they usually have some around.  

I had oatmeal for breakfast again, the same as yesterday.  I added a little more water so it wasn't as gummy.  

I ordered some new protein powder and I'm excited to try it.  It's Sun Warrior brand plant-based protein.  I found out that most whey protein powders are processed with solvents.  In my first job out of college, one of my responsibilities was to wash lab glassware with chloroform before autoclaving because we were doing experiments with fatty acids and that was the only thing that would get rid of all the residues.  The chloroform would quickly eat through my gloves and I probably absorbed a more than safe amount through my skin as a result I have no desire to have solvent residue in my protein powder.  

Grocery list includes rice cakes, bananas, avocado, eggs, apples, spinach and some other veggies (whatever looks good) and cheese.  The Mister will be making a Costco trip this week so we'll get most of our stuff then.  

Hopefully I feel better before the gym tomorrow morning or my lift is going to suck ass.  

Weight was 180.0 exactly this morning.  Making progress, slowly but surely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment