Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You're So Vain

You probably think this blog is about you...

This was the last song I heard at the gym this morning.  I thought it was fitting considering the new woman I saw at the gym this morning.  She was definitely 'roided out.  Her back and lats were massive and her biceps were at least 12-14 inches.  Her face was broken out as was her back (she was wearing a tank top).  I'm all about personal freedom, if you want to do steroids then do them, if you want to shoot heroin then go right ahead, if you want to eat McDonald's then be my guest.  But don't start bitching when the shit hits the fan and you're stricken with some dread disease.  Anyway, I don't want to elaborate on my post from last night but I just wanted to mention this woman.  This is the first time I have seen her and since I've been going in the morning it is usually all the same guys that are there.  So when I see a woman I'm always intrigued because I am a lone female in a pack of males in the free weights section.  She was beast for sure and if she really is doing steroids or was at some point, that is no surprise.  I just don't understand why anybody would want to purposely take drugs to make themselves bigger.  I'm sure she had some sort of mental complex or self esteem issue that made her want to take steroids.  A woman, or man for that matter, who is psychologically healthy would most likely not have this kind of drive.  Steroids do awful things to your body. 

I would love to have a rock hard body and be "cut" and "ripped" but I'm OK with the fact that I probably never will.  I just want to be healthy and feel good and get rid of most of my extra flub. 

I like knowing that by 7:00 am I have accomplished more than most people have because they are still laying in bed.  I used to be that person and I'm not that far away from it. 

Everyday I have a lingering fear of returning to my old self.  But it isn't my body that would stop, it is my mind.  Because I have started on this odyssey many times only to fail after a few weeks, this is my biggest fear right now.  Now, when I start to get those feelings of "I'll just stay in bed today" or "I can eat out for lunch" I immediately quell them.  I don't let my brain say "oh, its just ONE day, geez, live a little."  This is what had caused me to fail in the past. 

I assume I will always have this mental battle even after I meet my goals.  My body will always be fighting against me to get fat again. 

For now I will take it one day at a time.  Each day I exercise and make healthy food choices is an accomplishment although it may seem trivial.  Knowing that I am doing better than most people are is good for me.  I have the power to say NO to bad choices.  There is a lot of power in saying no.

Say NO today!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not ripped in any way at all (the opposite, actually) but I have acne, even on the back and sometimes chest, and always have (it's chronic, and I needed to see a dermatologist as a teenager due to extensive back/chest acne and avoided swim parties due to embarrassment and shame.) I believe some body types (with not as much fat and faster metabolisms) have more male hormones (thus, the acne), and I've noticed the opposite effect, too: very adipose-laden women have flawless small-pored skin, comparatively, anyway; my guess is fewer male hormones and maybe more female as the balance between hormones goes.

    My point is that possibly this woman simply has more androgens and comes by a muscular build naturally. Or not... but it's a possibility. Considering the muscles you mentioned, your guess is probably on target.

    ReplyDelete