Friday, April 12, 2013

Two's a Crowd?

Yesterday in my gym rant post, I forgot to mention what I actually did.  I swam 34 lengths of a 25 yard pool which comes out to about 1/2 mile total.  It took me 45 minutes which is really fucking slow but I did it and I know I'll get faster eventually. 

Starting at 0600 this morning I was on the treadmill for a quick warm-up before my lift:

Squat 95x8, 115x8, 135x8
Smith machine "pull-ups" 3x8
Military Press 45x8, 45x8, 45x8 - next week I will be increasing this to 50 at least for the last set
Dumbbell row 30x8, 30x8, 35x8
Bench 65x8, 75x8, 80x8 - I may increase this one next week too
Calf raises 2x15
Swiss ball crunches 2x15
Leg lifts 3x10
To finish it off I did a little stretching and some of my favorite yoga poses

All before most people have dragged themselves out of bed.  Today there was one other female on the free weights section!  Amazing!  Usually I'm the only female.  The only things I saw her do were bench, dead lift and Smith machine squats (cringe).  When most women venture into the free weights area it is to pick up a 5lb dumbbell and proceed to do a million curls, kickbacks or chest presses pretending like that will actually do something. 

My lift schedule has been M-W-F and I swim on at least two off days and maybe a nice long walk one of those days, usually on Saturday.  So, I realized this week on Tuesday and Thursday when I didn't work out in the mornings that I felt like a zombie all day until I actually exercised.  I wait to swim after work so the Mister and I can do it together but I need to do something in the mornings.  I'm thinking about doing some yoga at home.  That's a nice relaxing way to get ready for the day.

Weight this morning was 180.6.  I swear my weight fluctuates more than the stock market.  I think when I started lifting heavy again my weight jumped up but my clothes starting fitting better which is more encouraging for me.  The number on the scale is just that, a number.  Do I want it to go down? Yes, of course and I know it will.  I weigh everyday because I like the daily reminder that I still am nowhere near where I want to be.  I track everything I eat because I have tried not tracking and I end up overeating.  So I usually eat about 1550-1650 calories per day and I don't account for my exercise.  If I genuinely feel like I didn't eat enough (not just a craving) I usually resort to some cottage cheese with cinnamon or a cinnamon brown rice cake with some PB.  I don't take the amounts too seriously because calories are just an estimate. 

I have this image saved on my phone to remind myself to just suck it up and deal with it when I need the motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment