Tuesday, June 4, 2013

*ThumbsDownFartNoise*

That sums up my feelings for today.  I spoke too soon on the Metformin.  I woke up Sunday nauseated and continued to have waves of nausea all day long.  I never barfed but I sure as hell felt like I wanted to.  It hasn't really gone away yet but the waves have become less frequent.  Yesterday, I called out sick because I felt so shitty and proceeded to lay on the couch and watch Paranormal Witness on Netflix and scare the shit out of myself.  I've been trying to eat, especially when I take the pills but absolutely nothing is appetizing.  I wouldn't even eat pizza right now.  Now I know why it helps people lose weight, because if you feel like you're going to yak, you won't eat anything. 

As a result, I am taking a break from lifting weights this week because I could not handle lifting the way I do on an empty stomach while feeling like I want to hurl.  I'm going to continue to take the higher dose for another week and if it doesn't get any better, I'm going to have to call the doctor and see what I should do. 

We leave tomorrow to pick up our new puppy.  It is a 6 hour drive from where we are so we are staying in a hotel tomorrow night and will pick him up from the breeder on Thursday and head home. I have a feeling it will be a long trip home because we will have to stop and let him burn off some energy and do his business.  I'm off work half day tomorrow and through next week.  The director of the lab is freaking out because I will be gone along with our supervisor.  He's "not sure who he us going to talk to."  Apparently he has forgotten about the 5 other techs we have that keep this lab going every single day.  Whatever, I'll be on vacay.

I have been lurking around other blogs and everybody seems to be doing well.  Yay for not being fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment