Sunday, June 9, 2013

OMGPUPPIEZ

Been busy taking care of this little guy.  We picked him up on Thursday and have been "adjusting" ever since.  He has been pretty good.  He has only had a few accidents inside the house and it has always been on a piece of plastic that we have our plants sitting on. 

Crate training at night has not happened because when we put him in there he whines like we are butchering him alive. So he has been sleeping in between us.  It is OK now because he is only about 6lbs but this won't work so well when he is 90lbs.  I'm hoping to work on that this week if I can get my husband to stop giving into him.

I gotta get back to snuggling with my little fur ball.  :)

1 comment:

  1. When Josh got Mojo (about two years before he got me), the same thing happened with the crate training...so Mo started sleeping in the bed (Mo was 13 lbs at the time). Now he is 136 lbs. And the first thing Josh said to me when we got serious about "us" was: Mojo sleeps in the bed. I accepted it. And then 10 months later we got Lotus and of course she sleeps there, too. So we have 6'4"/250lb Josh, 5'4"/145 lb me, 136 lb Mojo (He's my height if he stands up on his hind legs!) and 60lb Lotus in bed. Josh and I get half the bed, Mojo gets the other half, Lotus stays down by my feet below Mo. It is...crowded. Honestly, though -- I know I could never crate-train a puppy so I don't fault you or Josh or anyone who lets the dog into the bed. I took my kids back to bed with me allllll the time when they woke up and my ex used to freak out that they were going to do it forever, but they outgrew it naturally and it was not an ongoing issue. Dogs...not so much. You will probably have a hard time getting him to sleep in his own place once he's used to the bed, but it can be done. He just has to be agreeable to the new place. Mojo feels the bed is HIS and he lets US sleep in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete